Thursday 16 June 2016

Carole Ann Moleti.

Today, I'd like to welcome Carole Ann Moleti, author of “Breakwater Beach” to The Thursday Interview. Before we get started, a quick intro!  


Carole Ann Moleti works as a nurse-midwife in New York City, thus explaining her fascination with all things paranormal, urban fantasy, and space opera. Her nonfiction focuses on health care, politics, and women's issues. But her first love is writing science fiction and fantasy because walking through walls is less painful than running into them.








OK - HERE WE GO !!  


No.1 Would you break the law to save a loved one?
Certainly not if they had hurt or killed someone, or stolen valuable items or a large amount of cash. Perhaps they were acting in self defense or were in some other desperate situation needing food, clothing or shelter. I look at the moral and ethical principles in every decision I make.

No.2 What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
If your heart is beating and you're breathing, you're alive. But if you aren't spending part of each day doing something or caring for someone you love you're not even trying to live up to your potential. 

No.3 What motivates you to write?
I am compelled to write when something touches me deeply or angers me. That's why I write both fiction and nonfiction. When I sit down to write, there is always a kernel of truth--and real life--in the story. When it involves my job, I could be breaking the law or code of ethics by writing about it.

No.4 Why do humans want children?
Now that is a subject near and dear to my heart. Babies, or how to not have babies, are a big part of my business. There is an instinct to reproduce, but having children is a statement you that want your values and aspirations to live on after you. I delivered babies for years before I had my own kids, and often wondered what you did with them once they were born.

No.5 What was the biggest challenge in creating "Breakwater Beach" ?
The complexity. It's a past life story with a heavy historical component. Weaving it together and getting the details right required ten years of research--and expert editing. I had to travel through England and enlist the help of critique partners who knew about Victorian conventions, linguistics, dialect, and the peerage.

No.6 What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far?
Follow your heart and your instincts because you have to live with your decisions for the rest of you life. Doing the right thing is not always the right thing to do. 

No.7 How did you come up with the title "Breakwater Beach" ?
The book was originally entitled Unfinished Business, but after I wrote the two sequels that became the series name. I chose one of my favorite beaches that had an ominous tone, which fit the storyline perfectly. 

No.8 How do you handle personal criticism?
I restrain my emotion and try to understand what the person is saying. I may go home, kick doors and ruminate, but try to avoid personal confrontations. Sometimes I create characters or incorporate the situation into a story, op-ed, or memoir piece. 

No.9 Why should people read your book?
Breakwater Beach is more than a romance. It's an affirmation that life goes on and perhaps that little voice inside your head is from your past. The characters are composites of people I know with true to life problems to overcome. I'm gratified the reviews affirm that both the setting and characterisation make for a compelling read.

No.10 Why is there something rather than nothing?
If you're on Earth and alive you're doing something. Even when you die your memory lives on in some fashion so make the most of it. I'm not even sure there nothingness in deep space.



Thank you Carole :)
For taking the time to answer my questions 
& the best of luck with your new book! 
Check out “Breakwater Beach” on



Liz Levine is convinced her recently deceased husband is engineering the sequence of events that propels her into a new life. But it’s sea captain Edward Barrett, the husband that died over a century ago, who has returned to complete their unfinished business. Edward’s lingering presence complicates all her plans and jeopardizes a new relationship that reawakens her passion for life and love. What are Captain Barrett’s plans for his wife, and for the man who is the new object of her affections?

.

2 comments: