Thursday 1 October 2015

Kirsten Campbell.

Today I'd like to welcome Kirsten Campbell, author of 'Blood Master' to The Thursday Interview. Before we get started, a quick intro!  

Kirsten Campbell is an Executive Assistant to the Vice President, General Counsel & Legal, Compliance & Funds Dept. of an Investment Firm. She lives in Brewster, NY, with her lovely daughters and three beautiful grandchildren. Kirsten is an author of several published Urban Paranormal Fantasy short stories and a published poet. Her work has been published in Bewildering Stories, The Pittsburgh Quarterly Online, Ascent Magazine, The Fairfield Review, and several other magazines. She has had two chapbooks published by two different publishers, “The Abandoning Kind” & “Poetry from the Covert Bourgeoisie.” Kirsten is the author of Darkness Calls, a book of short stories, & Perfect Chaos, a book of previously published poetry. She also co-authored Chocolate & Diamonds for the Woman’s Soul.



OK - HERE WE GO !!  

No.1  Would you break the law to save a loved on? Why?
Yes, I would definitely break the law to save a loved one. If it meant I could save the life of a loved one and only if it was a necessity, I would break a law, especially if it was one of my children or grandchildren. The laws were created to govern the land but no one can govern the heart or tell a person what to do when the heart or a life is involved. If one of my loved ones are in trouble and I can get them out of trouble by breaking a law, you better believe-that law will be broken by me.

No.2  What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Being alive is a state of being. Breathing, heart pumping blood, and your body doing all it is meant to do to remain in a state of living. (You can be alive and remain in a bed your whole life.) Truly living is going out into the world and seeking adventure, doing things, enjoyable things, interesting things and participating with other human beings in activities.

No.3  What motivates you to write?
Different things on different days. Some days I’m motivated by just getting up in the morning and feeling refreshed from a good night sleep. Other days, I have a yearning to get listen to my characters and get their voices on paper, make them viable. And still on other days, I’m motivated by knowing that I have to get finished with a manuscript and on those days it’s a bit harder to start the whole writing process. Sometimes it’s a smell or a simple sound, the sound of a teaspoon clinking against a coffee cup, something that small can induce me to write, a poem, a silly note or even a few paragraphs.

No.4  Why do humans want children?
Well, I can’t speak for all humans, but I wanted children because I wanted some tangible part of me, a physical duplicate of myself, to remain on this earth even after I have departed. I also wanted to share all the love that I have in my heart with someone other than my husband. I have received and given a million hugs and kisses and am truly happy with my decision. I have four children and have completed my wish. Both of my daughters look like me and they both write. (My sons look like my husband-his wish.)

No.5  What was the biggest challenge writing your book, "Blood Master" ?
Writing the whole series and making it actually readable to the point that anyone could understand what was going on. I really wanted the reader to get immersed in Griffin and Tassta’s time and place and their events of the day. I also wanted the reader to recognize the struggles that not only the poorest of the characters, the abandoned children of the Underground, went through, but also the economically rich characters, Tassta Vinetti and her brother, Penn. And we see both through Griffin’s eyes. Blood Master is the first in a series of four books that I wrote in the G.O.D.s Series many years ago.

No.6  What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far?
To have patience. If you give things time, they usually work out. Problems eventually work themselves out with time so you need to have a good deal of patience during all good and bad scenarios in life.

No.7  How did you come up with the title, “Blood Master" ?
I sat at my desk one day and considered the whole series and what each book had in common. Each book has Griffin, telepathy that is passed from generation to generation (in the blood) and also, in each book Griffin has to deal with things that go on in his blood, what with a possible transformation in his future. He also deals with his first romance, something that makes his blood boil with desire, and eventually he must deal with blood cravings, blood red demons, and finally, something called-the blood rain. He has to master all of these things, so that’s how I came up with Blood Master.

No.8  How do you handle personal criticism?
I take a look at who is actually giving the criticism. If I feel the person has a little sense and has a viable reason to criticize, I think about what has been said and use it accordingly.

No.9  Why should people read your book?
Because it’s an original idea and it’s very different from anything on the market. I specifically created it that way. I’m sorry but I’m so through with all the vampire, werewolf, zombies and half vampire, werewolf, rehashed themes and changelings that come from sad dystopian worlds. I created a world where most people are doing their own thing and they’re good at whatever they do. Yes, there are some groups that have problems, but they have someone that takes care of them and there’s a possible light at the end of the tunnel. I came up with the G.O.D.s, Genetically-enhanced Omni Dimensional beings, beings that have inter-dimensional doors in their chests, doors that lead to heaven and/or hell. These beings can breathe fire and demons, and total destruction on earth or they can breathe angels and heaven on earth, and Griffin is said to be such a being…

No.10  Why is there something rather than nothing?
Please excuse me for waxing existential, but there is something rather than nothing because we as human beings have deemed something into existence. We are fascinated with every inane thing, trying to create order from chaos. The other side of it is that “nothing” is not substantial, thereby giving it no value, except absolute zero.




Thank you Kirsten  :)
For taking the time to answer my questions 
& the best of luck with your new book! 

Check out 'Blood Master' on



2052: 
Two-thirds of the human population have been killed by the Great War, the Clover Virus and the Death Plague. Only one man survived the Death Plague, an albino man named Griffin Storm.

Will he save the children of the Underground from their tragic life? Will he transform into a G.O.D. 

If he transforms, he will have inter-dimensional doors within his body, doors that lead to heaven and hell. Griffin will become a Blood Master and he’ll be able to control the demons from the Dimension of Blood. 

Will he become the Blood Master? Only time will tell… 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment