Thursday 6 August 2015

Dani Hoots.

Today I'd like to welcome Dani Hoots, author of “The Quest” to The Thursday Interview. Before we get started, a quick intro! 

I am an author, blogger, photographer, artist, herbalist, jack of all trades, master of fun. I enjoy writing science fiction, urban fantasy, horror, and young adult stories, but I like to expand into other genres. Currently I am working on a novella series called A World of Vampires, a novella series called My Broken Heart, and a novel series called The Sanshli Series. I am also working on three full-length manuscripts, a science fiction novel called Raum, a new adult paranormal fantasy called The Chained, and a young adult urban fantasy called Trapped in Wonderland. I currently live in Seattle with my husband and two cats.


OK - HERE WE GO !!  


No.1 Would you break the law to save a loved one? ..why?
I guess that would depend on what law you are saying I would need to break to save my loved one. Trespass? Speed? Or do you mean murder? It also depends on what you mean by save, save them from what? A ticket? A nasty lunch? Death?There are a lot of circumstances that are not defined to answer this question fully. 


No.2 What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
I’m not a philosophy major, but if I would have to guess, I would say being alive means I am breathing and have a physical body, whereas truly living depends on the person. To me, truly living is seeing the world, having adventures, and doing what I dream to do, whereas that might not be what someone else things. Maybe they think truly living is sitting on the couch and watching TV all day, or maybe it’s inspiring others to change the world. It really depends on the person. 


No.3 What motivates you to write?
I write because it’s what I love to do. I love creating a world and letting my characters live their life in that world. I also love inspiring others who read my books through my writing, such as providing an escape from the real world. I know reading has helped me through troubles, so I would love to help others as well in the same way. 


No.4 Why do humans want children?
Who knows. Not a philosophy major, by anthropologically speaking, to populate the world, spread their genes, have power, have workers, primal instinct from long ago, to create America’s Funniest Home Videos, etc. 


No.5 What was the biggest challenge in creating your book “The Quest”?
I would have to say finding a publisher. I can write all day, create worlds and characters, but getting published is a bit harder and stressful since there are so many other authors trying to get published. It’s a difficult business indeed. 


No.6 What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far?
Care for others, care for the world, and don’t let anyone stop you. People will always try to stop you from doing what you love, so just ignore them because the problem isn’t you, it’s them not being happy with their own life so they have to put others down. 


No.7 How did you come up with the title “The Quest”?
For the story itself, it was inspired by a dream I had, combined with a story I was already working on in middle school. As for the title itself, I don’t remember, it was over ten years ago and it just stuck. 


No.8 How do you handle personal criticism?
If it is about my book, I listen to their reasoning and maybe apply it to later projects if it helps or is constructive. If it’s just towards me, I ignore them since it’s my life, not theirs. 


No.9 Why should people read your book?
I promise a fantastic world where you can get away from the real world for at least a little while. There’s nothing quite like picking up a book and diving into a world that is not like your own, a place where imagination runs wild and you are able to live another life. 


No.10 Why is there something rather than nothing?
Physics. That, or aliens, or another dimensional being, or God, or gods, or goddesses, or the goddess, or angels, or demons, or spaghetti monster. Why? For fun, entertainment, boredom, because, experiment gone wrong, for life’s sake, for Pete’s sake, accident, why not?


Thank you Dani :)
For taking the time to answer my questions 
& the best of luck with your new book!

Check out "The Quest" on



Eleven years ago, my life was ripped away from me. My father, my brother, my humanity. Everything. I was thrown into the Kamps, created to be a mindless machine. But I fought against it, not letting them take away my memories of the past. 

And I succeeded. 

It has been seven years since I was taken out of the Kamps and made into the Emperor's Shadow. Now I only take orders from him, and him alone, without questions. That is, until my brother, who I thought was dead, shows up and kidnaps me in order to help him find some long lost planet that our father used to tell stories about. 

According to the legend, and who finds the planet Sanshll can rewrite the past, and my brother wants to use it to destroy the Empire. My loyalty will always be to the Emperor. But what if this planet is real? The longer I stay with my brother, the more I begin to find that the Emperor has been keeping secrets from me. But I can't turn my back on him... 

Or can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment