Thursday 17 July 2014

Doctor Phil Oz, author of "When The Health Requires Wealth"

Today I'd like welcome Doctor Phil Oz, author of  "When The Health Requires Wealth" to the Thursday interview. Before we get started, a quick intro!

I was born in the eastern block of Europe. After the catering high school, I joined the army. Then I decided to leave the country because of the living conditions, and I spent one year in England to learn English. After I could express myself in English, I joined one of the world’s biggest cruise ship companies, where my chef career began. After seventeen years of work, I lost my career due to an accident. In my recovery years, I started to deal with health care because I felt helpless and hopeless. My own success made me help others too. Then started my career in the UK health-care industry. My enthusiasm quickly got into a disappointment, which inspired me to write partly my experience in this book.


OK - HERE WE GO !!



No.1 Would you break the law to save a loved one? .. why?

Yes. The reason is simple. If I do not have anyone to live with who I is important then from that time nothing is really important.

No.2 What is the difference between being alive and truly living?

Being alive is a kind of vegetation, respect everybody make everybody happy and you can find yourself in a situation day by day which is not really convenient and you realize that you are living others life and you are just a handy tool for others, and you are just a gear in the machine and at the end of the road you are asking yourself why did not you live YOUR life. Truly living is when you are doing what you like and you are living and you are enjoying your days and you are not thinking about unnecessary things what you do not have control on. You try to get the best out of the present situation. You are just enjoying the life. When you have to look for the joy it might be too late.

No.3 What motivates you to write?

When I cannot tell others what is on my mind, there is no time, chance, or the issue is not suitable but I have something what I would like to share with others I am writing it down. It is also a good therapy to write deep thoughts, there is no one to disturb you, cut your word or something like that and at the same time you still can have some responses. The other reason for me to write is to help with my thought to others.

No.4 Why do humans want children?

Some for joy, some for just have and take it as an accident, some for just multiply, some for to own something what is really theirs life’s product, someone to have them because he/she like to have one and they have a feeling that they are prepared to have one and they have a feeling that they can look after the child and to have a happy family life with the advantages and with the disadvantages, with the happiness and with the sadness sometimes, with the difficulties and with the responsibilities.

No.5 What was the biggest challenge in creating your book - When The Health Requires Wealth?

To deal with the publisher.

No.6 What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far?

You have only one and live your life like if you are looking back at the end of the road than you want to say you don’t feel sorry because you could not live with your one chance because you never know what will bring the tomorrow.

No.7 How did you come up with the title "When The Health Requires Wealth" ?

It was the suggestion of my publisher. I am not entirely happy with it! The real title of it is: A foreign social care worker in the UK.

No.8 How do you handle personal criticism?

It is depends who this is coming from. I do not take it too serious except it is not from a person who has a value in my eyes and who is somehow important for me because of some reason. In that case it is something where I can be improved. So for my future it is something positive even if the mirror gives me back something I don’t like. I feel I have to deal with it as a part of life, and I have to make a profit out of it for the future and turn it to be positive somehow for the future. The criticism overall are feedback not everybody like the same sort of things we are not the same. All I can say: not every day is Christmas and not everybody likes Christmas.

No.9 Why should people read your book?

They should read my book to see a real life story, how is the life of a live in carer who is from an eastern European country. What are the value differential of the different cultures and what kind of difficulties then has to face a person who wants to follow the rules opposite to people who are washing each other’s hand and which ones covering them when they do not want to take responsibilities. It is also interesting what kind of deep thoughts and metaphors can be found in my book. The book is written in unique, authenticable accent as you may see in movie stars when they are speaking with accent. Sometimes the reader can be really annoyed, if that happens than the writer’s dream came true because he wanted to write on a way to have the reader the same feelings like the hero, main character Adam felt during the time. It is a picture where you need to understand what you can see. If you just looking at than you will not understand it.

No.10 Why is there something rather than nothing?

There is more likely always something rather than nothing. If there is nothing than you can bury yourself. As long as there is something what you can see it is something that could mean if you are honest to yourself than you are still alive. I am asking many times people: Would you like me to tell you something, when the answer is yes than I am saying: SOMETHING. They are always waiting for something else but for me something is already something when they realize the something is just something they are wondering. The story is the same with something else.



Thanks Doctor Phil for taking the time to answer my questions & the best of luck with your new book! 


Check out his new book "When The Health Requires Wealth" on



Some parts of the book could make you smile or cry or do nothing at all! It is about the endless struggle to make the end user happy from one side and the carelessness from an award-winning organisation from the other side. It is about the weakness of a system believed to be strong. I recommend this book to anyone who is interested in the reality I experienced in the UK care industry. The message of the book is not absolutely the bad that is behind the scenes; rather it highlights the vulnerability of a system that should work perfectly – a system that costs lots and lots of money to the taxpayer, the government, and the end user. It highlights the vulnerability of the system because of the human nature that talks of selfishness, laziness, carelessness, or, with one word: human frailty. 




.

No comments:

Post a Comment