Thursday 15 August 2013

Dawn Michelle Pritchard's "The Silver Line"

 
Today I'd like welcome Dawn Michelle Pritchard, author of "The Silver Line" to the Thursday interview. Before we get started, a quick intro!
 
 

Dawn Michelle Pritchard is a UK author who is described by the people who know her as quirky. She loves writing for teens more than anything else in the world! She enjoys cuddling up with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book, shopping for dresses and watching chick flicks. Dawn often wakes up at 2am to frantically write down a new idea. She is at her most creative after sitting on the beach, watching the tide roll in and the sun set. She lives in a quiet, little town in South Wales. Dawn is the author of two YA novels: ‘Wheels and Wings’ and ‘The Silver Line’. Her books can be found on Amazon stores worldwide. Keep up with her latest news via her fan page on Facebook.
 
No.1 Would you break the law to save a loved one? .. why?
Yes, because people are more important than laws. I think the only time I wouldn’t break a law to save someone I loved would be if that law was in line with my personal morals. For example, I wouldn’t kill someone because it goes against my beliefs. I would however steal a loaf of bread if someone I loved was starving. Yikes these questions are tough!
 
No.2 What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
You know when you’re truly living. You feel happy, look forward to things, and enjoy every moment. Being alive is like going through the motions, you eat, and drink, and sleep, but it all seems meaningless; nothing matters. I try to truly live everyday! No.3 What motivates you to write?
My mind is just full of wonderful stories; it would be a terrible thing if they never made it out of my head! I love writing so much and that love keeps me in my chair, writing until the early hours of the morning!
 
 
No.4 Why do humans want children?
I think it’s the same reason most writers want to see their books published: immortality. Children, like books, are a part of us, we bring them into the world, we watch them grow and go out on their own. Even after we are gone they carry on. I think having children is a beautiful thing.
 
 
No.5 What was the biggest challenge in creating your book "The Silver Line" ?
I think the biggest challenge was creating a cast of distinct and different characters. I often feel like characters are very similar in books and I purposely didn’t want to do that. I spent about a month just putting together my characters personalities and back stories!
 
 
No.6 What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far?
No one but you can make things happen! I hear so many people say how they wish things were different in their lives, or that one day they’ll do the thing they love. It makes me sad, because a lot of them will never choose to change and will never find the time to do what they love. I never want to be like that.
 
 
No.7 How did you come up with the title "The Silver Line" ?
The Silver Line was chosen because it refers to the central story line in the book: the protagonist is a descendant of the silver line. This means she has descended from a powerful mage bloodline and that she is the only one left who can open the portal to release a forbidden power. The Silver Line was also a bit of an unusual choice, so it hopefully stands out as something different from other teen titles of the fantasy genre.
 
 
No.8 How do you handle personal criticism?
I either ignore it or take it as a challenge. If the comment is designed to hurt and has no real worth then it goes into the ‘Whatever’ pile. If, however, it is meant constructively I work really hard to change. I hope to always better myself and become a healthier human being. No.9 Why should people read your book?
Because it’s awesome! Lol! Seriously though, it is the type of book I always wanted to read. It has great characters, a fast-moving plot line and a really exciting end! Everyone who has read it so far said they couldn’t put it down!
 
 
No.10 Why is there something rather than nothing?
The honest answer is, I don’t know! I’m just glad there is, otherwise none of us would be here and I wouldn’t be doing this interview! I could say I believe in God and that he wanted the world to be beautiful and the universe to be vast and beyond our comprehension, but then I would have to say who created him and then who created that guy... I’m going to just be glad there is something and that that something includes us!
 
 
 
Thanks Dawn for taking the time to answer my questions & the best of luck with your new book!

Check out her new book "The Silver Line" on
 



 
 
Charlotte is the key. A descendant of the Silver Line, she alone can open the portal and bring back the forbidden power; a power that will bring about the end of the world. Tristan is a powerful mage. He is sworn to protect Charlotte, but at what cost? Hunted and betrayed at every turn, how long can Charlotte keep running? And just how much is she really willing to sacrifice for love?
 
 
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment