Thursday 17 September 2015

Facundo Raganato.

Today I'd like to welcome Facundo Raganato, author of 'The Author' to The Thursday Interview. Before we get started, a quick intro!  

"The Characters' Short Living Story" is a story I've been polishing and developing for a decade now. Inside the literature, there's a metaphorical knowledge about the human Mind that enables the reader to question the reality that surrounds him; it includes ideal fruits of esoteric Christianity, Buddhism, Hermeticism, Judaism, Islam, Mysticism, etc; hence, it is a magical reflective story which is timeless; unique in its meaning depending on the reader's perspective and knowledge. I want to share and spread awareness about the Mind with challenging thoughts and make our conscience expand in a special journey; the mystical adventure of the characters as they search for Truth, and "The Author."



OK - HERE WE GO !!  


No.1 Would you break the law to save a loved one? .. why? 
Yes, I would definitely break the law to save a loved one. It is crucial to understand the essences of both options to efficiently balance which one is more valuable, and then make a choice. I think a person’s life, regardless if it is a loved one or not, is far more valuable than ‘the law.’ However, my answer might change if ‘the law’ than I’m breaking is “more valuable” (according to the principles I live by) than saving someone’s life, regardless if it is a loved one or not, but, what ‘law’ can be more valuable than a human life? 

No.2 What is the difference between being alive and truly living? 
“Being alive” sounds like just being in the state of flux while our body is breathing, our heart is beating, and our minds are active and able to think consciously. “Truly living” sounds like cherishing moments, experiences, taking risks, feeling the adrenaline, the rush, the mood, the moment; appreciating the present above all. 

No.3 What motivates you to write? 
My motivations to write depend on what I am writing. If it is writing only to write, then the motivation is my need to express myself, to communicate, to speak . . . If it is poetry that I am writing, it is because I found the motivation in the essence, the beauty, the truth, or any spiritual aspect that reflected to me something in such a way that inspired me to write the poem. If it is a story that I am writing, it could be the idea of the story itself, the state of my life which reflects through the story, or the characters themselves that “ask me” to write it. If it is a book or a novel that I am writing, it is because the motivation is to write it is something greater than me; it is something I have to do no matter what, the motivation in this case would my discipline to channelize and give all my heart, mind and soul to this force greater than me. 

No.4 Why do humans want children? 
There may be many reason why humans want children. One reason why Fathers and Mother decide to have children may be because they want to continue their legacy in their daughters or sons; I presume that when a human being starts to think about death, it reflects to oneself ‘what did I do with my life?’ which normally leads to: “my beautiful children.” It is indeed something natural, and the experience of being a good father or a good mother gives more to the children and to society as well than one can calculate; it is a very humane approach. However, the idea that one’s son or daughter carries the essence of oneself could be perceived as a way of consciously be more in relief to that question; perhaps the idea that one lives on through death from the continuing lives of their children could be another reason why humans want children. Taking down the philosophical approach, I suppose it is a beautiful experience many humans want to live for themselves. In the spiritual aspect, I think it is a very special way of creating a unique bond between two people, which at the very base of all they could share, there is Love. Think about it: a child is the creation of the union of two beings. 

No.5 What was the biggest challenge in creating your book "The Author"? 
I think the biggest challenge is answering this question . . . For me, the biggest challenge is now; this story is unlike any other, there has never been a story like this, and I’m sure there will never be a story like this one; I can’t say what is so special about it because the whole purpose is for the Reader to find it on its own. I recommend to this story to be read three times to fully captivate its depth . . . The biggest challenge while creating this book was the journey I went through to make this happen, it actually took me 10 years to do this. I have sacrificed many things for this story, and it has been a blessing and a curse at the same time. I am not that brave to explain the details, but let me tell you that if I start remembering all the challenges I had during this writing journey, I would start crying helplessly. 

No.6 What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far?
The ironic fact that even though we may know much, we know nothing; there is so much to discover; “Know thyself and thou shall know all the secrets and mysteries of the universes and the Gods.” Balance & Harmony are the key for efficiency in anything we do. If you learn to listen to your intuition, only wonderful things will unfold in the fate and free will of synchronicity. 

No.7 How did you come up with the title "The Author"? 
Originally the story was supposed to be called “The Characters’ Short Living Story” because it was an experiment that I, the writer (not an Author back then), would create these characters momentarily only to put into practice literary devices, figures of speech, and actual living of the writing experience. One thing led to another, and my unsuitable thirst for philosophy, literature and the human mind let me to manifest “The Author.” Its multiple contexts and meanings made me write that ‘Or’ in between specifically for the reader. 

No.8 How do you handle personal criticism? 
If it is not constructive criticism, it is something I have to process for a metaphysical reason. I did not write this, The Author did. If I get a very harsh criticism about it, they speak to me as if I wrote it, so I have to process their perspective and try to make them reflect on what they are saying. It feels like they are pointing the finger judgementally and saying: “Hey Facundo, you wrote ‘process’ with one ‘s’ in the first sentence.” So I answer: “Yes, that’s right. If I wouldn’t have missed that s, then you wouldn’t have mentioned it, right? Why do you think I did? Or, more specifically, why do you think The Author did?” The identity of oneself leads to create patterns of thinking; hence, it is easier to project the ideas one’s pride knows to another instead of being humble of listening to another’s imperfections and letting it sink in; that is one reason why this story is recommended to be read three times. It is such a dramatic irony! Do you know how it feels to defend the world’s “enemy”? 

No.9 Why should people read your book? 
People should read this book for the following reasons: to find oneself, to experiment that search for Truth if you are looking for it, to embark on a spiritual journey unlike any other, to enjoy a philosophical adventure, to expand and completely revolutionize the way we look at literature and the meaning of words, to break boundaries and think outside the vessel, to be inspired to follow the Arts in any shape or form, to be human, to be God, to be free. On the other hand, The Author would like to say that the only reason you should read this book is because of the Characters; you might think they are not real, but The Author would not concur.

No.10 Why is there something rather than nothing? 
There is something because you manifested it in the question, and there’s nothing too, but you are asking why there’s something rather than nothing, implying that if one existed the other wouldn’t. If there is something, how do you know nothing doesn’t exist? There is nothing, but as soon as the mind understands that nothing as something, then it becomes something, then it is not ‘nothing’ anymore. Therefore, I believe there is something because we believe/think/feel there is something; that something is something others can see, analyze, think and approve that there is something, we can Communicate, Share and Unite through that something. Something is the proof to ground our reality. We can’t do the same with nothing, we could, but we would lack faith on nothing, because we would normally think ‘Why do you want to put your faith in nothing?’ Any answer would be something . . . Now if there’s a person that believes in nothing, and another person that believes in nothing as well, then for them, nothing exists; then, there is something they share between them, which is that: the belief of nothing. From there, they ask themselves and others the question: “Why is there nothing rather than something?”




Thank you Facundo :)
For taking the time to answer my questions 
& the best of luck with your new book! 

Check out 'The Author' on



Are you searching for Truth?

This is a Story like no other.

Follow the Timeless Mystical Adventure of Six Characters

As they Alchemically Face the Darkest perils of the Human psyche

and Search for the Truth . . .




.

No comments:

Post a Comment