Thursday 15 January 2015

Lola Smirnova, author of "Twisted"

Today I'd like to welcome Lola Smirnova, author of  "Twisted" to the Thursday interview.
Before we get started, a quick intro!

Lola Smirnova is an author from Ukraine living in South Africa, who for many years worked in the sex industry. Twisted is her début novel which was published in January 2014. Lola is currently working on her second book – a sequel to Twisted. You can contact her on twisted@lolasmirnova.com or visit her author website.


OK - HERE WE GO !!  


No.1 Would you break the law to save a loved one? .. why?

It really depends on the situation, but most probably I would. Why? Because sometimes in life you do what you have to do…

No.2 What is the difference between being alive and truly living?

Being alive is a physical factor. ‘Truly living’ is coming from within one’s soul, it’s spiritual…

No.3 What motivates you to write?

Thinking about the millions that I'm going to earn one day, when I become a worldwide best selling author, is my biggest motivation ;)

No.4 Why do humans want children?

I can only assume that some of them want children because that’s the right thing to do in life – get married, build a house, have kids, plant a tree… Others do it because they find their purpose in life in it. Unfortunately, a lot of humans have children without even thinking if they really want them.

But the ones who genuinely want children, do so for the reasons I wouldn’t know, because I don’t have children myself and I’m not sure if I want to have any, living in this overpopulated and cruel world. I would rather adopt a child one day.

No.5 What was the biggest challenge in creating your book "Twisted" ?

Each one of the steps of creating my book was very challenging in its own different way – writing itself, choosing the right editor, deciding on the name of the book and the cover, creating the cover… But the biggest challenge of all, I must say, is the marketing part!

No.6 What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far?

What goes around comes around.

No.7 How did you come up with the title "Twisted" ?

The company that I used for my book’s production helped me with the title idea.

No.8 How do you handle personal criticism?

I’m learning to handle it tolerably.

No.9 Why should people read your book?

Because they will learn about the side of life they never knew about before…

No.10 Why is there something rather than nothing?

I'm not sure. But apparently it’s important, as philosophers have even labelled this question as Primordial Existential Question… And scientists tried to explain it from the Quantum Physics point of view. The way I see it is very simple - we wouldn't be talking right now if there was “nothing”, right?



 Thanks Lola for taking the time to answer my questions 
& the best of luck with your new book! 
Check out "Twisted" on





Inspired by real-life events, Twisted is a fascinating story about vulnerability, courage and the art of making a living in the sex trade...  Three eager young sisters – Natalia, Lena and Julia - dream of a better life and weigh their options: do they stay and struggle like their parents, or join scores of their compatriots in the sex trade in glittering western European cities, who earn in a night what they’d take several months to earn at home? Naive and tempted by the allure of 'quick' money, the girls set off on an adventure that changes their lives forever...



.

2 comments: